The State Historical and Cultural Reserve in Ostroh was established in August 1981 on the basis of the Ostroh Museum of Local Lore, founded in 1916. Today there are 4 stationary expositions in the reserve:
- local lore and art exposition in the castle of the Ostroh princes of the 14th century;
- numismatic exposition;
- M. Ostrovsky Museum in his hometown, the Viliia village, Ostroh raion (district);
- Museum of the Book and Printing.
The reserve also includes monuments of defense and temple architecture of the 14th-16th centuries.
The total land area is 4.1394 hectares.
The reserve was established in 1981.
It consists of 12 objects: architectural monuments of national and local significance and historical monuments of local significance.
The list of objects is given below:
1. Murovana Tower (also called the Watchtower), the 14th century - vul. Academichna, 5.
2. Nova Tower (the Round Tower), 16th century - vul. Academichna, 5.
3. Epiphany Cathedral, 1521 - vul. Academichna, 5.
4. Lutsk Tower, 16th century - vul. Papanina, 3.
5. Dwelling house (Scheinerberg's House), 19th-20th centuries - prospekt Nezalezhnosti, 45.
6. Tatar Gate Tower, 16th century - vul. Tatarska, 73.
7. Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 15th-19th centuries - vul. Kniaziv Ostrozkykh.
8. The manor of princes Jabłonowski, the 18th century -vul. Academichna, 3.
9. Monastery-Fortress of St. Trinity, the 15th-17th centuries - Mezhyrich village, Ostroh Raion (district).
10. Town gate (Zaslavska Gate) with earthen fortifications, the 17th century - Mezhyrich village, Ostroh Raion (district).
11. Pich (Stove), the 17th century - Mezhyrich village, Ostroh Raion (district).
12. The house in which Mykola Ostrovsky used to live, 1904-1913 - Viliya village, Ostroh Raion (district).
Rivne Region, vul. Academichna, 5, Ostroh
50.3262535 | 26.522020899999998
Monday: closed Tuesday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Saturday - Sunday 9:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.